Fallon County Welcomes You Header

Public Notices

Fallon County Public Notices


Explamation point Resolution of intent to sell county property -

Please click here to view document

Notice To The Public-

The Fallon County Commission gives notice to the public that: A person who purposely and knowingly removes gravel from a county road can be prosecuted for THEFT, in violation of §45-6-301, MCA. The statute states, in relevant part: A person commits the offense of THEFT when a person purposely and knowingly obtains or exerts unauthorized control of property of the owner and has the purpose of depriving the owner of the property or uses the property in a manner that deprives the owner of the property.
Depending on whether it is a first, second or third offense, a person convicted of theft of property not exceeding $1,500 in value may be fined a possible $500 and imprisoned in the county jail up to 1 year. If the theft is of property that exceeds $1,500 in value and does not exceed $5,000 in value, a person could be fined up to $1,500 or be imprisoned in the state prison for a term up to 5 years, or both. If the theft is of property exceeding $5,000 in value or as part of a common scheme, a person could be fined up to $10,000 or be imprisoned in a state prison for a term not to exceed 10 years, or both.
The Commission would ask that persons not remove gravel from County roads. If you have information about theft of gravel from county roads, the Commission would encourage you to report the information to law enforcement.


s/Deb Ranum, Chairman
s/Roy Rost, Member
s/Steve Baldwin, Member


Planning Board of Adjustment, Board Members needed -

The city of Baker is in need of three board members for the Board of Adjustment. This board is a 7-member board which is a quasi-judicial board. The BOA has the power to hear and decide appeals, to hear and decide special exceptions, to authorize upon appeal in specific cases such variance from the terms of the ordinance as will not be contrary to the public interest. A four-member vote is needed for appeals. Please call Mary Grube, Zoning Assistant, at 406-778-7111 or Kevin Dukart, Zoning Administrator, at 406-778-2692 if you are interested in serving on this board.