Montana S.O.S. Election
Visit the Montana Secretary Of State Election Page for more information about upcoming elections, registration forms, and contact information.
My Voter Page
Use the My Voter Page to check your voter registration status.
1. Voter Registration Application
2. Absentee Application
3. Overseas Voter Registration
Am I registered to vote?
How do I register to vote?
To vote in Montana, you must:
1. Be registered as required by law.
2. Be 18 years old or older on or before the next election.
3. Be a citizen of the United States.
4. Have lived in Montana for at least 30 days.
Even if you meet the above eligibility qualifications, you cannot vote if:
1. You’re a convicted felon serving a sentence in a penal institution.
3. You’ve been judged in a court of law to be of unsound mind.
Once you met the requirements you can register to vote by:
1. Visiting your local election office located at:
Clerk & Recorder Office
10 W Fallon Ave
Baker MT 59313
2. Fill out and sign a voter registration application and drop it off at your county election office, or mail it to:
County Election Administrator
PO Box 846
Baker MT 59313
How can I register as an absentee voter?
Any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot:
1. Fill out an Application for Absentee Ballot to have ballots mailed to you.
2. An application may be mailed, or dropped off at the county election office.
3. Applications must be received by the county election office by noon the day before the election. If you drop off the application you will be able to pick up the absentee ballot at the same time, once ballots are available.
4. An absentee voting packet will be mailed to the address you indicated on your application, or you can pick up the packet at the county election office at the time you apply for the absentee ballot, if ballots are available at that time.
5. After voting the absentee ballot, return in the envelope provided.
6. Be sure to sign the affirmation on the signature envelope before sending back or dropping off.
You can track your absentee ballot for federal/state elections at My Voter Page.
During a Federal Primary or Federal General Election all registered voters in Fallon County will go the Fallon County Exhibit Hall in Baker to vote at the polls. If you are on the absentee list your ballot will be sent in the mail.
7am-8pm on Election Day Only