Request For Proposal – Road Mapping
For questions or comments please contact:
Clerk & Recorders Office at 406-778-7106
The Fallon County Commission, Baker, Montana, is in need of a company or individual to review their county road data and update the Fallon County Road Map Plat Book and associated records. The Fallon County Commission is accepting proposals in response to this Request For Proposal (RFP) in order to find a qualified source to provide this service. The company or individual will be responsible for researching and determining public and private roads within Fallon County, indexing road records, updating paper maps and developing a digital mapping and database system for the updated road system.
The project deliverables are:
- A current County Road Map book in paper and digital format
- Existing records indexed to correspond with the County Road Map book
- Digital and paper copies of maps and databases that are easily accessible
An assessment of the current road situation is provided in FALLON COUNTY ROAD STUDY – FINAL REPORT dated March 10, 2022. The report provides detail into the background and scope of the project.
Three options are listed in said report however the bidders are not limited to these options. The Commission is open to other bidder suggestions or recommendations provided the project deliverables are assured.
The bidder is only responsible for determining road status and not responsible for correcting previous errors or omissions.
The objective of this RFP is to locate a source that will provide the best overall final product to Fallon County. While price is a significant factor, other criteria such as project experience and technical ability will form the basis of our award decision.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
The following submission guidelines and requirements apply to this Request for Proposal:
- First and foremost, only qualified individuals or firms with prior experience on projects such as this should submit proposals in response to this Request for Proposal.
- A technical proposal must be provided that includes an overview of the proposed solution as well as resumes of all key personnel performing the work. In addition, the technical proposal should provide a proposed schedule and milestones, as applicable.
- A price proposal must be provided that indicate the estimated overall price for the project as well as hourly rates and an estimated total number of hours, should the Fallon County Commission decide to award a contract on an hourly rate basis.
- Proposals must be signed by a person who is authorized to commit on behalf of the bidding company.
5. If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your
proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- Bidders will be required to carry Montana Workman’s Compensation Insurance (if applicable), Independent Contractor Exemption Certificate, and Commercial General Liability Insurance.
- Proposals must be received by April 25, 2022, to be considered.
- Proposals must remain valid for a period of 45 days.
- The Fallon County Commission anticipates selecting at least two individuals or firms to have more in-depth discussions with and will make an award to one of these “selected” individuals or firms. However, the Fallon County Commission reserves the right to select no proposals should no bidder submit a proposal that meets the company’s needs.
- Digital files must be compatible with the mapping software known as “ESRI”.
- Project start date will be July 1, 2022, for budget purposes.
Acceptance of the work is contingent on the following acceptance criteria:
- Evidence that the Contractor has made a due diligent search and examination of all available records.
- County Road Map book is updated and acceptable.
- Historical files are indexed and accessible.
- All paper and digital maps are updated, acceptable and compatible with “ESRI-GIS Mapping Software”.
- All project deliverables are subject to the review and approval of the Fallon County Commission; Clerk & Recorder and Recording Clerk.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
Interim payments may be made upon completion of the project at specific milestones established by the Fallon County Commission and Contractor before the project is awarded. Final payment will be made upon completion of the project to the satisfaction of the Fallon County Commission and the Fallon County Clerk and Recorder. Terms and conditions of payment will be negotiated before the project is awarded.
If the Bidder desires to include additional information about previous projects, company history, itemized budget, preferred terms and conditions, etc., please include this information as Appendixes to the proposal.
The above terms and conditions are the proposed terms the Fallon County Commission requests Bidders to take into consideration. All terms and conditions, both hereto and those provided with a bid, are subject to negotiation.
The Fallon County Commission reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value to Fallon County as determined solely by the Fallon County Commission in its absolute discretion. The Fallon County Commission reserves the right to choose no winning bidder after the bidding process should no proposal meet its standards.
FALLON COUNTY COMMISSION
s/Roy Rost, Chairman
s/Steve Baldwin, Member
s/Kevin J. Braun, Member